I made Vietnamese Papaya Salad with biltong
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 small shredded green papaya (1-1.5 lb)
3 tbsp salt and water (for cleaning papaya)
1 ½ cup of water
¼ cup of rice vinegar
¾ cup of shredded beef smoke @stryvebiltong
3 sprigs of Thai basil leaves
1/4 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup peanuts
2 shredded carrots
¼ cup of water
¼ cup of Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp coco aminos or soy sauce
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Use a mandoline to julienne the papaya. (Or you can buy a shredded papaya at Asian grocery stores)
2. In a large mixing bowl add cold water and 1 tbsp of salt. Soak the papaya in water for 3 mins. Pour the papaya in a strainer and squeeze out any excess water with your hand. Repeat two more times.
3. In a large bowl, mix water and vinegar. Add the papaya to the bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. For the sauce, whisk together with water, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha, and sugar.
5. Add the salad onto a serving platter, add shredded beef biltong, and garnish with fresh basil.
6. Drizzle the sauce onto the salad and mix well before eating. Enjoy !