Feeling the fall season and saucy pasta sounds good right now. This pasta is filled with tomato, spinach, ground chicken and cheese tossed in gluten free penne pasta. This is delicious and easy to make. Also, if you are looking for a gluten free & dairy free recipe, this is perfect for you. I’m on a fertility journey and I’m trying to avoid gluten and dairy. I’m always in search of a good recipe & had to tweak everything base on my restrictions.
Here’s how I made mine:
- 1 Banza Penne pasta package
- 1 Tbsp oil of choice
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Marina sauce
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ⅓ cup grated cheese of choice* (I used vegan cheese)
- Extra grated cheese for topping
- In a large pot fill water half way, bring to the boil, when water is boiling, add penne pasta and stir until completely covered. Cook for 9 minutes
- Once pasta is cooked, drain off and set aside.
- In a large frypan, heat oil on high.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Add ground chicken, cook until brown
- Add pasta sauce to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes until heated through.
- Stir through spinach, until spinach is just wilted.
- Add pasta to pan and mix until well combined and all the pasta is covered with the sauce. Turn off heat.
- Toss tomatoes and cheese through pasta.
- Pour pasta into prepared baking dish, pressing pasta into the pan with a spatula.
- Add desired amount of extra grated cheese all over the top of the pasta.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through.
- Remove pasta from oven and serve immediately.
Note: Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days