Ceviche is a mouthwatering seafood dish and it taste just like the ocean. All the ingredients are fresh & it doesn’t require any cooking. It’s one of my favorite Mexican dishes, the combination of citrus & seafood burst into a delicious flavor.
If you are looking for a gluten free and fresh recipe for Cinco De Mayo. This recipe will be a hit on your next party. Its high in protein and great source of healthy fat. It’s a perfect pair with Crunch Master Avocado Toast crackers. These crackers are made from real avocado, its certified gluten free, vegan, non-GMO. This is available at Walmart at the cracker aisle.
Fun fact – Cinco de Mayo is recognized by many as a day to celebrate Mexican culture and history. Historically, the holiday celebrated the anniversary of Mexico’s victory in the Franco-Mexican War of 1862. Today, May 5th has become a day for people (especially in the US) to enjoy Mexican food, drinks and culture.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 lb fresh shrimp
-1/2 large cucumber
-1/2 cup cilantro
-1 clove garlic
-1/2 serrano chili
-6 fresh lime
-1 tsp black pepper seed
-1 tbsp coco aminos
How to prepare the shrimp: First remove the shell, tail, head, and veins then rinse. You can use frozen shrimp to make this easier as an option. Once the shrimp is prepared in a bowl add 1 cup of lime juice, set for 15 minutes or until it turns pink. The lime will naturally “cook” the shrimp.
Let’s make this recipe:
1. 1 lb of shrimp – peel the shell, head, tail and remove the veins. Then rinse the shrimp.
2. Prepare seasonings – peel 1 clove of garlic. Cut serrano chili in half. In the wood mortar add garlic, serrano chili and 1 tsp of black pepper seed. Use pestle to grind. Then add 6 fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp of coco aminos, pinch of salt in the wood mortar & mix all the seasonings.
3. In a deep bowl add prepared shrimp and seasonings. Let it sit for 15 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
4. Prepare vegetables – peel cucumber skin, remove seeds and cut into dice. Cut tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Add the vegetables with the shrimp and seasonings.
5. Top this with fresh avocado, lime juice, hot sauce.
6. Serve ceviche with Crunchmaster Avocado Toast crackers
Total time to prepare: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Leave a Reply