I was asked by Carusele to participate in the #LaurasLean campaign, sponsored by Laura’s Lean. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own. #NVREVR #noantibiotics #noaddedhormones #allnatural #LaurasLean
These baked beef flautas with avocado cream is a household favorite. An easy flauta recipe is perfect for a quick & easy dish to your next party or for this Father’s Day. Beef flauta pairs so well with a nice cold beer.
I made this dish with dairy free & gluten free option.
I’m making this dish with my favorite ground beef – Laura’s Lean Ground Beef 96% Lean, 4% Fat because their protein is sourced from suppliers that raise their cattle without ever using added hormones or antibiotics and are always vegetarian fed.
- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp avocado oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or non dairy sour cream)
12 6″inch corn or flour tortilla
**use corn tortilla for gluten free option
- Avocado Cream
- 1/2 diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 fresh dice onion 1/2 cup cilantro
- In a medium size pan, in high heat spray avocado oil spray. Once hot, add ground beef, cook until brown. Add cumin, oregano and garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- For each flauta, spoon about 2 tbsp beef mixture onto a tortilla
- Roll each tortilla up tightly and place seam-side down on baking pan/sheet
- Assemble all flautas one at time until you’re done.
- Once all assembled spray the tops with avocado oil spray
- Bake for 20 minutes until nice golden brown
- Avocado cream
- Mash ripe avocado with a fork. Add in lime & sour cream, mix until combined. Season with salt. Add more lime & salt for tasting. Refrigerate until use.
- Serve flautas with avocado cream, cilantro, onions & tomato