Happy Fry-yay! Care for any shrooms? I made portobello fries.
Its pretty simple to make and its a great addition as a side to your burger. This low carb fries has a balanced flavor and the sunflower seeds and mushroom is great combo. Optional dip would be sour cream or ranch. If you don’t have any sugar restriction, this will be good with ketchup too.
Here’s how I made this, you’ll need:
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ unsalted sunflower seeds, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese *optional
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs, beaten
- ½ tbsp butter, melted * optional
- 1 medium to large (1 quart) zippered bag
- Preheat oven to 400
- Rinse and dry mushrooms. Tip put paper towel and dry mushroom for 5-10 minutes.
- In a blender grind sunflower seeds
- Add all dry ingredients in a ziplock bag sunflower seed powder, almond flour, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika parmesan. Close bag and shake around to mix.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the 1 largel egg. Add melted butter (optional)
- Dip a mushroom into the egg mixture and place it into ziplock bag & shake.
- Repeat with each mushroom.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes Remove, cool only slightly and serve warm. Top with parmesan 🙂
I will be working on more fries recipes for low carb and keto diets. Thanks for reading my blog.